MOMMYHOOD IS MORE THAN I EVER DREAMT IT WOULD BE....

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Mother's Love

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895

People always ask me what my favorite part of being a mom is. I struggle to give them the answer, because there's a list of reason's why I love being a mom. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to be a mom. I used to play house with my friends, and I used to dream of my baby's name's and what they would look like. Then when it became a reality, those dreams became closer to my heart.

I remember rubbing my belly and talking to the growing person inside of me. I had dreams of his ten little fingers and ten cute little toes. I sang to him and I talked to him and I told him mommy would always be here for him. Then when he was born, all of those dreams became a reality. My list of what my favorite part of being a mom was started, and it will never stop. So here they are. My favorite parts about being a mom.

1.) The open mouth kisses & uncontrollable giggles
2.) The little hands rubbing my arm and the cute little cheeks that never seem to go away
3.) The sleepeless nights (yes, I said sleepeless nights) when you snuggle up so close like when you were just hours old
4.) The way you say "gaga" and run up to me with open arms
5.) The feeling my heart has whenever I think about you
 6.) The feeling of love I hold close to my heart and the realization that my mother once had this same love for me
7.) Reading you stories and watching your eyes glow
8.) The innocence you portray and the dreams that glimmer in your eyes
9.) The feeling of closeness you bring to our family and the hope you have brought into my life
10.) The endless amounts of possibilities you have given me to be a better, stronger, and more loving person than I ever thought I could be

This is just the start of my list. The start of what being a mother has done to my heart. Now, I'd like to ask you the same question... What is your favorite part about waking up the toughest, yet most rewarding job we will ever have? Being a mother is filled with endless possibilities.







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Yours is BEAUTIFUL - in words and in design! You got a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post. My favorite part of being a mom is that I know exactly how much she loves me. Because I can remember how intensely I loved my mom at that age, I really value being on the other end of the relationship.

    ReplyDelete